COVID-19 STATEMENT - Update as of 26/05/2020
To our valued patients. We are taking things very seriously at Clacher and Hook, and continue to implement many strategies to help avoid the spread of COVID-19. The health and safety of you, our staff and the broader community is our top priority! We are now open:
Monday to Friday
8:30am to 5pm
8:30am to 12pm
Measures we are taking due to COVID-19:
- Anyone entering the practice will have their temperature taken using a non-contact forehead thermometer.
- Patients booked in for eye examinations will undergo a brief questionnaire before seeing the optometrist.
- Our staff members may be wearing a clear face shield or surgical mask, and gloves, during your visit to our practice.
are spacing our appointments out to reduce consultations overlapping,
and to allow for a thorough disinfection of rooms between appointments.
- We are spacing our waiting room chairs to comply with social distancing recommendations.
- We are limiting the number of patients in the practice to comply with the square metre directions
you are booked in for an eye examination, and would rather not wait in
the practice, phone ahead to the practice 3396 1755 so we know you are
nearby. This way your car can be your waiting room, and we will text
you when your optometrist is ready to take you in for your appointment.
- Our staff will not attend work if they are unwell.
- Our staff will have their temperature taken each morning before work.
What we ask of you:
- Please do not attend our practice if you are unwell with a fever (≥37.5⁰C), have a cough, sore throat or runny nose.
- Please do not attend our practice if you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days.
- Please do not attend our practice if you have travelled overseas within the past 14 days.
sanitizer is provided at the front desk and in the waiting area, please
apply one pump to your hands on entering the practice.
are asking that friends and family members do not accompany patients in
to the consulting room, with the exception of young children, or
patients accompanied by a carer.
We thank you for your patience and understanding at this time!